What 3 things or experiences bring you the greatest sense of fulfillment in life?
- Playing and cuddling with my son
- Writing, especially if somebody actually reads it afterwards
- Helping other people, e.g., by finding the right job for them (what I do in my day job)
What are small things you do everyday to be happy/fulfilled?
- Writing at least some lines every day
- Having some chocolate
- Having some more chocolate
- Keeping a gratitude journal on my iPhone
People often find they don’t have enough time. How do you make time for those?
I’m very structured, I guess that’s part of my German heritage. You have to learn to say “no” to a lot things and also people. That helps a lot.
What health habits do you stick to no matter what?
I try to get some work-out/jogging at least three times a week. Plus: I don’t eat that healthy, but I try to avoid the really bad things. I started to meditate a couple of times over the last years – but cannot manage to stick with it. Maybe it´s not my thing.
What’s your best relationship tip?
Actively and often remember the reasons why you initially fell in love with that person.
You seem to balance both happiness and success? What’s your secret to happy productivity?
I try only to engage in self-concordant tasks and projects, that is, things that I am (more or less) intrinsically motivated to do anyway. On the other hand, I try to outsource or delegate things that I don’t like or don’t find rewarding.
What – in your opinion – is the best way to spread happiness and fulfillment to others?
Please see the next answer. I think the most important issue is “coming to terms” with ourselves. The rest will follow (almost) automatically.
What is a quote you live by?
Before you go out to change the world, walk three times through your own house. (from China)
Check out Nico Rose’s awesome articles here.
Latest posts by Fulfillment Daily (see all)
- Interview with Erin Sears Basile + Exclusive Book Excerpt - January 13, 2018
- Interview with Julie Rosenberg + Exclusive Book Excerpt - October 13, 2017
- Interview With Tasha Eurich + Exclusive Book Excerpt - September 22, 2017
- Interview with Robert Sutton - September 7, 2017
- Interview with Authors Daniel Goleman & Richard Davidson - September 6, 2017